Update added by user Jun 04, 2011
CellitUsed.com has followed up with me to resolve this complaint. I will be cancelling my BBB complaint also. Vincent at CellitUsed.com is the best -- very prompt and very understanding!
Update added by user Jun 04, 2011
UPDATE: I have filed a review with the BBB In Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina. I will post an update when I hear from them. They have 30 days from today, 6/4/11...
Original review posted by user Jun 04, 2011
CellItUsed.com stole my phone! Either that or $123 of my money… Let me explain...
I have used other "sell your cell phone" type services in the past. Whenever I used one, I like to shop around for the company that pays the best and "looks" legit. The one I chose to go with was CellItUsed.com. They offered $138 for my Motorola Droid. When I sent them the phone, they sent me an email saying they had "generously" adjusted my offer to $15 because the phone was still tied to a Verizon Wireless account. I immediately emailed them to let them know this was not acceptable and that I could verify that the phone was not tied to the account. The rep at CellItUsed.com asked me to email him after I talked to Verizon.
I called Verizon and they confirmed this was not the case. The phone had been "released". I emailed CellItUsed.com right after getting off the phone. No response... this was in March...
Fast forward to May, and I send them a message through their contact form letting them know that I didn't get a response from my March message (I know things take time, but come on!). I told them that they can either send my phone back or pay me something more reasonable.
(SIDE NOTE: As I said before, I'm very familiar with the "sell your cell phone" business. I've even sold a laptop to these type of sites, and I understand that adjustments are sometimes made, but their reason didn't add up -- especially since I personally called Verizon to verify that the phone was no longer tied to my account).
The rep responded by telling me that my $15 payment was on the way -- rush. Again, I emailed them immediately (I live on my email) to let them know that this was not acceptable and that they could either adjust the payment or send my phone back. No response... then I get the $15 check.
So, they are making a huge profit off of me. They have my phone that will sell for more than $15. I've taken a loss, but I don't want to see anyone else go through anything similar.
I'm not the type to complain without justification, so I wanted to provide my documented proof. Please see my video here: http://bit.ly/CellitUsed.
I'm open to anyone who is disputing of these facts about CellItUsed.com being a scam and thieves!
So, you've been warned. Stay away from CellItUsed.com.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Phone Selling Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "All they had to do is install a DISH dish, disconnect the Directv dish and connect the cable to the new dish. Instead they drilled holes, ran cables, cut cables,..."
- "I decided to sell my old Iphone 4S and came upon the CashforIphone web site. After submitting information about my phone, model, RAM size, condition, etc. the site came..."
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "on November 12th 2014 we went to the Brekenridge Pizza Hut and had a delivery a large thin pepperoni pork, a large sausage, easy sauce green pepper mushroom and traditional..."
- "I ordered the Seat Armour Towel Seat Cover with Chevy Logo. It arrived on time and was exactly as described and pictured. I was impressed with the plush feel of..."
- "We just had lunch at Ruby Tuesday in Stillwater, MN. We've been there many times, but never again. The salad bar plates get smaller and smaller, which turned out to..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."