The Folks at CellItUsed.com are Thieves! And Scammers!
Update added by user Jun 04, 2011
CellitUsed.com has followed up with me to resolve this complaint. I will be cancelling my BBB complaint also. Vincent at CellitUsed.com is the best -- very prompt and very understanding!
Update added by user Jun 04, 2011
UPDATE: I have filed a review with the BBB In Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina. I will post an update when I hear from them. They have 30 days from today, 6/4/11...
Original review posted by user Jun 04, 2011
CellItUsed.com stole my phone! Either that or $123 of my money… Let me explain...
I have used other "sell your cell phone" type services in the past. Whenever I used one, I like to shop around for the company that pays the best and "looks" legit. The one I chose to go with was CellItUsed.com. They offered $138 for my Motorola Droid. When I sent them the phone, they sent me an email saying they had "generously" adjusted my offer to $15 because the phone was still tied to a Verizon Wireless account. I immediately emailed them to let them know this was not acceptable and that I could verify that the phone was not tied to the account. The rep at CellItUsed.com asked me to email him after I talked to Verizon.
I called Verizon and they confirmed this was not the case. The phone had been "released". I emailed CellItUsed.com right after getting off the phone. No response... this was in March...
Fast forward to May, and I send them a message through their contact form letting them know that I didn't get a response from my March message (I know things take time, but come on!). I told them that they can either send my phone back or pay me something more reasonable.
(SIDE NOTE: As I said before, I'm very familiar with the "sell your cell phone" business. I've even sold a laptop to these type of sites, and I understand that adjustments are sometimes made, but their reason didn't add up -- especially since I personally called Verizon to verify that the phone was no longer tied to my account).
The rep responded by telling me that my $15 payment was on the way -- rush. Again, I emailed them immediately (I live on my email) to let them know that this was not acceptable and that they could either adjust the payment or send my phone back. No response... then I get the $15 check.
So, they are making a huge profit off of me. They have my phone that will sell for more than $15. I've taken a loss, but I don't want to see anyone else go through anything similar.
I'm not the type to complain without justification, so I wanted to provide my documented proof. Please see my video here: http://bit.ly/CellitUsed.
I'm open to anyone who is disputing of these facts about CellItUsed.com being a scam and thieves!
So, you've been warned. Stay away from CellItUsed.com.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Phone Selling Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR----> DO NOT BUY anything from Buy Squad. Honestly, after researching on this company, I feel so *** to fall for their "low price" ;0( I ordered..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "Ran out of data shut my internet off. I purchased two other data plans that supposed to roll over and now I have because it's on my account and they..."
- "Purchased a lovely French blue tunic with exaggerated shawl collar. Wore it twice and laundered - guess what the collar frayed off in two areas: so much for quality. ..."
- "I bought a bag of bar b que chips and was very disappointed when i opened the bag. It was about a 3rd full. Heres a photo and not..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."
- "I purchased a brand new laptop computer on November 29th and it was sent on November 30th. I received the computer on December 6th. On Decemberr 7th, I opened the..."