The Folks at CellItUsed.com are Thieves! And Scammers!
Update added by user Jun 04, 2011
CellitUsed.com has followed up with me to resolve this complaint. I will be cancelling my BBB complaint also. Vincent at CellitUsed.com is the best -- very prompt and very understanding!
Update added by user Jun 04, 2011
UPDATE: I have filed a review with the BBB In Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina. I will post an update when I hear from them. They have 30 days from today, 6/4/11...
Original review posted by user Jun 04, 2011
CellItUsed.com stole my phone! Either that or $123 of my money… Let me explain...
I have used other "sell your cell phone" type services in the past. Whenever I used one, I like to shop around for the company that pays the best and "looks" legit. The one I chose to go with was CellItUsed.com. They offered $138 for my Motorola Droid. When I sent them the phone, they sent me an email saying they had "generously" adjusted my offer to $15 because the phone was still tied to a Verizon Wireless account. I immediately emailed them to let them know this was not acceptable and that I could verify that the phone was not tied to the account. The rep at CellItUsed.com asked me to email him after I talked to Verizon.
I called Verizon and they confirmed this was not the case. The phone had been "released". I emailed CellItUsed.com right after getting off the phone. No response... this was in March...
Fast forward to May, and I send them a message through their contact form letting them know that I didn't get a response from my March message (I know things take time, but come on!). I told them that they can either send my phone back or pay me something more reasonable.
(SIDE NOTE: As I said before, I'm very familiar with the "sell your cell phone" business. I've even sold a laptop to these type of sites, and I understand that adjustments are sometimes made, but their reason didn't add up -- especially since I personally called Verizon to verify that the phone was no longer tied to my account).
The rep responded by telling me that my $15 payment was on the way -- rush. Again, I emailed them immediately (I live on my email) to let them know that this was not acceptable and that they could either adjust the payment or send my phone back. No response... then I get the $15 check.
So, they are making a huge profit off of me. They have my phone that will sell for more than $15. I've taken a loss, but I don't want to see anyone else go through anything similar.
I'm not the type to complain without justification, so I wanted to provide my documented proof. Please see my video here: http://bit.ly/CellitUsed.
I'm open to anyone who is disputing of these facts about CellItUsed.com being a scam and thieves!
So, you've been warned. Stay away from CellItUsed.com.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Phone Selling Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "I agree 100% HGTV is for the rich does not represent the average or the poor of the USA. I'm 90 years old have written called begged HGTV to help..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "Bought treadmill in NOV 2016. Was supposed to be able to Bluetooth you tablet and heart rate monitor. Just bought a new tablet and tried to sync following the instructions...."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I was also DENIED by Turo. They requested my Photo id and credit card info. I have an 810 credit score, perfect driving + insurance history and elite membership status..."
- "My husband bean dip from Payless Food store in Lafayette in, near Tippecanoe mall. Not sure what this nasty crapp is, but totally disgusting. I highly recommend that you pull..."
- "Chelsee Strand Driver Manager .In my opinion does not belong telling Sober drivers what to do.These Pictures were from her face book.I have been lied to and about several times.Enjoy..."
- "I ordered two 320 led wash lights from Light in the Box Ebay site. When I received the two units one of them was damaged and would not come on..."